GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if your going to the chicago show today, look for a guy wearing a gray pacific coast t shirt.

him would be me--say howdy

loren

·
Registered
32 Posts
Loren-
Didn't see you, but what with so many people there it was difficult to focus on finding one or two specifically. What did you think of the show? We got in right at 0900 and left by 1200 because you couldn't move. Went downtown for some eating and shopping, and then went back to the show at about 7:30 when it was somewhat less crowded.
The crowds didn't bother me so much, the lack of some of the ususal vendors did. It seemed to me that there were fewer there than in the past.
While I'm ranting, I'm getting pretty tired of the constant focus on V-twin cruisers and custom chopper bikes. There were two 1800s there - one white and one black. Ho hum. Tons of VTXs, 'tho. I know - they are the ones that sell right now. And if I see one more OCC or West Coast Choppers t-shirt/hat/coat/younameit, I'll puke!
BTW, I was the guy wearing the white t-shirt with the GoldWing logo on the back...

·
Registered
379 Posts
It seemed to me that the Goldwings were added to the Honda booth as an after thought. They were just kinda rolled into an open spot with no real emphasis placed on them.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dave, i also got there at 9 and left at 12. it was my first show, so i really did enjoy it. sure i could have used more wing stuff.

yes there was a lot of those chopper things. i really got a nice ram mount from cycle gadgets for my ique garmin, that was worth the trip for me.

loren

·
Registered
979 Posts
Chicago Show

:? I attended Saturday,where were you guys ? LOL Lots of people not real enjoyable with wall to wall humanity. I would have to agree with Pilch the Honda exibit was real dissappointing,I saw just about every bike but the wing. :( :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was there as well. Helped a fellow wing rider regarding MBL bar risers. The Honda salesman he was asking didn't seem to know much about handlebars. I also thought the wing display looked like an after-thought. Couldn't find many of the vendors I was looking for. Did stop by and say hi to Jason and Andrew at Bushtec, John was around somewhere but I didn't see him.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Loren-

It was a pleasure to finally get to meet you. Spring will be here soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was at the show on Saturday from noon to 3:00pm. It was very crowded which made it hard to see the bikes or sit on them. We drove up from St. Louis since our city was cut from the list. I was disapointing.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Paul Benson said:
I was at the show on Saturday from noon to 3:00pm. It was very crowded which made it hard to see the bikes or sit on them. We drove up from St. Louis since our city was cut from the list. I was disapointing.
Paul-

I hate to tell you this, but you chose the worst time to be there, as far as crowds go. It starts thinning out after 4pm on Saturdays.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a few of us wingers and pacific coasters had a rib fest after the show. some lies were exchanged.

if we cant ride, may as well talk about it now.

nice to meet some of the folks you exchange tips and on ocassion spar with from the various message boards.. of course if spring ever gets here we can log some miles.

its nice to get together with other folks who share the passion for rideing.

now back to my snow shoveling.

loren

1 - 10 of 10 Posts