GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read on this board some time ago, that there was a better way to go from Chicago to Central NJ mainly without using interstates.

Would anyone who knows please fill me in on alternate routes ~ some that are relaxing, not harried but not slow. 45-50 mph stuff ???

Thanx ~!

·
Registered
71 Posts
N. J,

I've read on this board some time ago, that there was a better way to go from Chicago to Central NJ mainly without using interstates.

Would anyone who knows please fill me in on alternate routes ~ some that are relaxing, not harried but not slow. 45-50 mph stuff ???

Thanx ~!
Take rt. 6 a cross pa to new York then turn south to n. j.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info NR. I'll look it up.
I get tired of the 70-95 mph traffic on 80/76

Now that I'm retired, I can get OUT of the fast lane. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
You can catch US-22 at Steubenville, OH and take it all the way into Central Jersey. For a while in the Pittsburgh, PA area it's also I-376 and just East of Harrisburg, PA it is also I-78. But for a long way US-22 is just a nice 4-lane highway.

Google Map LINK

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can catch US-22 at Steubenville, OH and take it all the way into Central Jersey. For a while in the Pittsburgh, PA area it's also I-376 and just East of Harrisburg, PA it is also I-78. But for a long way US-22 is just a nice 4-lane highway.

Google Map LINK
Thank you for that info. I have 2 days (or more) to travel, and am tired of 70+ mph traffic. I will certainly consider that alternative. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts