GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I got your attention....Does any one know where the insurance industry sends the GL1800s that have been in an accident to?....

I am too chicken to tear down my own 2010 bike to the frame...yet I want to learn more about the bike and engine...thus looking for a 2010 GL1800 that was in an accident and the insurance company totaled it thus I could purchase at a cheap, cheap price and "practice" on....

or...does anyone have a 2010 totaled that they may want to get rid of...

Safe Rides...or should I say have an accident so I can get your bike :wrong:...sorry could not resist....

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Most Insurance Companies have a dealer or SOMEONE that agrees up front to buy ALL wrecked bikes from their insured clients. They don't get to pick and choose which ones they get. It is usally all or none. It is usually statewide and maybe a tri state area. They can then sell or part them out as their discresion. Get em for pennies on the dollar.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
If you can find someone that has wrecked their wing and it totals...The original owner can buy it back at 20% of the total price and this way the TITLE never changes hands and is not branded SALVAGE. The owner can then cash his check less the buy back amount and sell it with a clear title. That is the way it works here. I went this same route when a hail storm totalled my Chevy 4x4. They didn't allow me anything moneywise for the tilt bed,44 inch tires and wheels,competion stereo,custom interior and PTO winch,22 inches of custom lift and extensive other workings. They just totaled the basic truck. I bought it back,fixed it and came out way ahead. I would have been crazy to take the offer with all the goodies it had on it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts