GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent the last week exploring northwestern Wyoming. If you have not visited this area, I would highly recommend putting it on your "bucket list". In my opinion, it is some of the best riding in the country. Photos at http://ncmotorcyclists.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Thanks for the post. Checked out the blog. I need more photos! ;)

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
I see the Crazy Horse pile has not progressed much since we were there 2 years ago

Great riding area and planning a return trip on the bike next year
How was the traffic in Yellowstone? Was a mini rush hour when we were there

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I stayed in Cody a couple weeks ago,all I can say is I'm very envious of the people that live there,during my trip to the Northwest I found out where the phrase "America The Beautiful" came from.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How was the traffic in Yellowstone? Was a mini rush hour when we were there
The only traffic I ran into was at Old Faithful (after the eruption) and wherever the buffalo were near the highway. Most of the time, I had the road to myself. This appears to be a great time of the year to visit the park.

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
The only traffic I ran into was at Old Faithful (after the eruption) and wherever the buffalo were near the highway. Most of the time, I had the road to myself. This appears to be a great time of the year to visit the park.
Man lucky you!!!

nothing worse than being in the middle of stunning countryside and being stuck in a city style traffic jam

Had its good points though. We could look around in the area Saw a wolf that we probably would have missed if traveling at speed

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just got back yesterday. Craig CO to Cody, Cody to Redlodge over Beartooth back to Gardiner Mt. Gardiner to Jackson then Jackson to Vernal and home. Cold in the mornings 32 was the coldest. Traffic in Yellowstone was bad in alot of places. Would not be so bad if the people would not just stop in the middle of the road, get out and start snapping pictures. Teton's were fantastic. Lot's of smoke on the whole trip. Only road construction was about 3 miles on Beartooth and about a mile in Yellowstone. Both places were replacing bridges and some road construction. 1324 miles in 4 days. Nice slow trip for us.....

·
Registered
902 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
No Doubt, some of the most beautiful country in the U.S.

Go back some time and ride "The Road To The Sun," In Glacier Natl. Park.
Everytime you go around a curve and look up, all you can say is "Wow"

Thanks for posting the Pics. Glad you had a safe trip.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Did that about 7 years ago. You have some great pictures. I think I will have to dig out my pictures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts