GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm interested, I usually ride alone but I've been wanting to do some group riding. Where, when and how long, Im retired so I have a lot of free riding time. I have spent enough time in Idaho to know that I want to see more. Boise is a short day ride from my location, depending on which route I take, more details please.

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Dale, if that does not get us to go nothing will. See you in Minnemucca.

Joy and Ted

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Shhh, I'm working on the wife right now. :D It is looking good because the Red Hot Ridders IB is canceled. :cry: :cry:

Let you know

·
1,448 Posts
Sounds interesting Bill. Count us in.

·
1,448 Posts
Let's see......Eureka to Winnemucca 507. Winnemucca to Boise 257, Boise to Horseshoe Bend 25 and then back to home 671. Total 1460.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You will all have to let me know where you are staying so I can make plans to meet. We need to leave by about 8:00 to make the loop and get back by dark. It gets light by 8:00 here so we won't have to ride in the dark.

Post here or PM me with details.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Bill Stobaugh said:
So -- anyone care to hazard a guess as to the total mileage of this ride?
Hmm - if I took the most direct route I am 1316 miles round trip, but I never get under 1750 miles for this weekend outing. Last year my total mileage was 2143 miles. It was gooooood.

DaleC

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
If the weather holds, I'll be coming up. John, are you still leading a ride on Sunday? Any motel recommendations in Boise? I see there's a bunch at Exit 53 and a Best Western Northwest Lodge at Exit 57.

There seem to be at least four Basque restaurants in Winnemucca - is there a favorite for those coming to this run?

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Best I can remember is that the plans in Runamucka were the old Basque Hotel about two blocks off the main drag. And there are a bunch staying at Days Inn in Winnemucca, NV 775-623-3661. Might send a PM or email to DaleC.

And there is a group spending Saturday night in Enterprise, OR at the Pondorosa Hotel after a leisurly ride across the Snake River and up the east side of the Willowa Mountains on the forest road from Halfway to Joseph.

Gots to remember that Monday is a Holiday - Columbus day - for those of you that still have real jobs.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If youy mean "Bill are you still leading a ride on Sunday?" - yes I am. We will be going around a loop af about 350 miles to include Sun Valley, Idaho.

Weather looks good for the ride - mostly sunny with temps in the 60's.

Looking forward to seeing you all here.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts