GL1800Riders Forums banner

Chili this morning

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
30 when I left the house, 26 when I got to work. The Big Bike wind deflectors work great (BIG-52715) Feet stayed toasty even in sneakers (still working on boots). Only thing cold was the top of my legs (blue jeans). Tulsa hand wings are effective, but verdict is still out. Radiator outlets work good too. Going to look into V&P tunnel fillers for the winter.

p.s., this ones a hoot! :yes:

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea but you can see from one end of the state to the other :s9: :wink: I'll take my rolling hills thank you. :D By the way I moved out here from San Diego and that good weather stuff is not all it's cracked up to be, I like a little rain :rain1: and snow :snow1: once in a while :wink:

#6 ·
Chris (Chef)
no riding here ... it was 22 degrees when I went to work this morning and the rain from Sunday has made for some pretty icy roads ... glad I had the common sense to leave the bike in the garage yesterday and today!
anyway, my solution to the cold jeans is to get a pair of insulated jeans ... 1 size larger than you wear ... and pull it on over your jeans ... easy on, easy off ... and you'll be amazed at the difference in riding comfort. 8)

#7 ·
There's frost on th pumpkin in Memphis TN taday

I won't be ridin taday, i've got th bike on blocks in th garage. I decided ta pull my front forks apart & check for wear on th bushings. Happy to report that th wear is pretty minimal, i do have ah spot where th chrome finish is worn through on one fork tube which i'll replace,& ah pretty good wear mark on th other. It'll probably be warrantied, even if it aint i'll replace both tubes & seals. It really looks pretty good considerin th 72,000 miles it's been through. :mrgreen:

#17 ·
I love riding in the rain...

I heard it might rain here sometime... in JANUARY!! :twisted:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.