GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a chip proof spray to use on the lower cowels, painted them to match the bike & would like to add some extra protection.
Anyone know where I can buy this spray?
I have seen it but, can't remember where :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Looking for a chip proof spray to use on the lower cowels, painted them to match the bike & would like to add some extra protection.
Anyone know where I can buy this spray?
As far as a spray, the two choices I've looked at are the rubberized undercoating sprays and bedliner sprays. Only found the undercoating in black but the bedliner can be gotten in just about any color. The bedliner spray is harder and will last longer. Have saw it on several bikes and trikes and it does look good and seems to hold up. I've got mine sprayed with the rubber undercoating presently and it is looking pretty good after app. 100 miles. If it doesn't work out I'm going with the bedliner next.

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
chipproof-impossible

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Ford pick up has a chip-proof clear coating on the rocker panels, lower fenders & quarter panels, clear in color, & held up well.
Maybe I'll go with the clear spray on bedliner, I'll see what my friend in the body shop has :?: I'll do a test on old fender & see how the color is, thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts