GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a chirping noise that sounds sort of like a bird at about 50 to 70 miles per hour and it stops when I decel. It sounds as though it is coming from either right under the right side or towards the front on the right.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Wow! This is a WAG but I would start by checking to make sure the spark plugs are tight. Might be blow-by. If there is no leaking I would not suspect head gasket.

Good luck!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I also have a chirping sound that comes from the left front. Mine seems to be a relay or something from the fog lights. It doesn't do it all the time. I've noticed it after hitting a real rough spot in the roadway, or sometimes it starts when I crank the bike. Usually, I can shut the bike off and restart and it stops, sometimes it takes several times to get it to stop.
2002 --- 1800. I bought the bike used a couple years ago and don't know what brand of fog lights it has. It doesn't matter if fog lights are on or not, when it "decides" to start chirping. I can't make it chirp when I take the lower panel off. No help here, but you might look in that area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts