GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question for the GL1800 riders that choose to do little or no repairs or maintance on their ride.

If you walk into a strange Honda dealership for work on your 1800, what do look for in wrench (mechanic) certifications?

Does Honda issue anything that shows any type of schooling in their repair centers?

I don't know the term or qualification awards, but don't cage wrench's have to have some type of certification to qualify to be a mechanic?

If not, how do you go about choosing someone that knows something about your GL1800, word of mouth, size of dealership, # of units in the repair bays, trust?

How would you choose?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Good dealerships will post their mechanics's certificates on the wall around the service desk. If I don't see any then I ask, Do you have GL Qualified Techs and see what kind of awnser I get, and ask for proof. Usually pisses them off, but HEY, I worked in the MC business for 25 years and we posted every techs Certification on the wall, complete with a picture of his smiling mug next to it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I also think that to get the best job it is important that the person doing the work has some type of personal interest in you. Make that person your friend. When the going gets tough and the shop is overworked corners will most likely not be cut on your bike if they have an interest in you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts