GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to ask you guys a question regarding a place to stay for a week next year. I have a time-share that has a hotels in:

Aspen
Breckenridge
Estes Park
Pegosa Springs
Steamboat Springs
Telluride
Vail
Winter Park

I want to go there next summer for a week but need some advice on which one would be the best for making a "base camp" out of for a week and ride everyday to someplace different. I have been to a couple of these places but don't feel as though I would find a week's worth of riding, one day at a time. Please help.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
ummm ... good question. If it were me I would pick either Telluride or Breckenridge. Telluride probably has the most variety of places to go in the vicinity, Breckenridge the most alternative roads to ride. Aspen, Vail, Winter Park, Pagosa Springs, Steamboat (although I would have to give Steamboat my own personal favorite memory award), are more limited in my opinion. Estes Park to near the front range and too much traffic.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You can't go wrong with any of those sites, provided the weather cooperates.

We just did 9 days in Moab, did a side 2-day trip to Durango/Silverton/Ouray. Almost anything in Colorado is great, except maybe extreme northwestern or extreme eastern.

Put the list on a cork board and throw a dart....

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Yes, many places in Colorado to work out of, but given the list, I think that Vale and Aspen are too stuffy, Estes Park is to crowded and Pagosa Springs and Steamboat Springs are too out of the way.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Can you split your timeshare? I would vote for Telluride and Aspen.
As the previous post said about Telluride, there's some awesome riding there.

Outside of Telluride last month

But Aspen has some real good riding also. We were there this weekend, Independence pass should not be missed or the ride into and out of the Maroon Bells or going south over McClure pass from there. So many roads not enough days....

Maroon Bells 9-17-06

Keep in mind Dave's plan for next year:
http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... highlight=

Good luck and good riding!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts