GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I took away from Wingstock was a Present, that I am sure will be the best one I get this year, next to going home at the holidays with my wife to see all both of our families.

That Gift was the hospitality and frienships made at Wingstock.
It is a gift that cannot be measured in any terms. I am still smiling ear to ear about the riding, comeradery, and of course the generousity of all connected with this event.

It also did my heart good to see DDKing and his lovely wife show up, and to see how high their spirits were in light of what they have both been through. As well let me say to all of you that were lucky enough to have your SO's with you, I hope that if this was their first time to attend an event like this, that it brings them a better understanding of what the Wingworld is all about.

As I came from the "Dark Side" only in the recent past, I can tell you all that this type of event, is far and away much more fun than those that are large in size and really only a "Beer and Boob festival". There was a genuine feeling of care and comeradery that is sorely lacking at the larger events, and I look forward to many more like this one.

To those of you who either missed this little get together, or have never attended one like this, you missed a fantastic time and I hope that you will take advantage of one in the near future.

As always, you are all welcome to come on down to the Houston Texas area and enjoy some Texas Hospitality anytime.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Butch,
Thanks for the kind words, but it's people like you who make these events what they are.

Butch brought some caps to raffle off. When I asked Dan's wife Melissa to pick out the winners's names, little did she know that the tickets were paid for and that the proceeds were for them. That small kindness and the generosity of most of the folks there put 170 dollars in Dan and Melissa's pocket.

Yep, Wingers can be really nice people, Butch, and you exemplify that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
KCButch - that was just an everyday weekend here in N. GA. :)

Glad you made it home safe. It was nice meeting you.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts