GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Christmas present to myself on Saturday. It's a left over 2018 DCT Tour. Test rode in a couple of weeks ago and worked a great deal on the price with Metuchen Power Sports. Had them install the CB, trunk rack and rack brake light as I didn't want to mess with removing a bunch of plastic on a bike I wasnt familar with in my 35 degree garage. Ridden about 250 miles since I picked her up Saturday morning. So far love the bike although can't wait for the next software update as the software is buggy as ****. For now, I'll be keeping all 3 bikes at least until the Spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Nice color choice. Santa looks good on a white wing!

Reactions: murf

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,562 Posts
Congrats on your new wing. The only downside buying this time of the year is the weather...then salt on the roads. At least you can sit on it in your garage and dream about riding this spring...not as nice as riding the bike right now, but sure beats not having the bike at all:)...your going to love this coming riding season.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on your new wing. The only downside buying this time of the year is the weather...then salt on the roads. At least you can sit on it in your garage and dream about riding this spring...not as nice as riding the bike right now, but sure beats not having the bike at all:)...your going to love this coming riding season.
As long as there is no snow or ice on the roads I ride through the winter, at least on Sundays and often to and from work. Just need to hose the bike down periodically when the temps get above freezing.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,562 Posts
As long as there is no snow or ice on the roads I ride through the winter, at least on Sundays and often to and from work. Just need to hose the bike down periodically when the temps get above freezing.
I try to get a ride in all winter long too if the roads have no salt..but it seems like the only time the sun comes out in the winter is when I'm at work, then it rains on the weekends :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I try to get a ride in all winter long too if the roads have no salt..but it seems like the only time the sun comes out in the winter is when I'm at work, then it rains on the weekends :)
I swear it did that most of this past summer too. Seemed like it rained every Sunday :crying:

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
I picked up my Christmas present to myself on Saturday. It's a left over 2018 DCT Tour. Test rode in a couple of weeks ago and worked a great deal on the price with Metuchen Power Sports. Had them install the CB, trunk rack and rack brake light as I didn't want to mess with removing a bunch of plastic on a bike I wasnt familar with in my 35 degree garage. Ridden about 250 miles since I picked her up Saturday morning. So far love the bike although can't wait for the next software update as the software is buggy as ****. For now, I'll be keeping all 3 bikes at least until the Spring.
:congrats: You must have been a GOOD boy.:smile2:

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,562 Posts
I swear it did that most of this past summer too. Seemed like it rained every Sunday :crying:
Yes it did didn't it. I've read that this year has been one of the wettest years on record in our area. I don't think I hardly got a ride in this past summer where it didn't rain on me at some point in the day....but I kept on riding when I got caught in it anyways :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
One thing for sure, when you buy your own Christmas present you get what you wanted. You chose well sir. Congratulations and Merry Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts