GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather over the weekend of December 16th turned out to be far more than I had hoped for. After a period of cold, rainy weather across the south, the skies cleared and the mercury started to climb. I sent a PM to Trialsman and Arn Butt Bill letting them know that the weather would appear to favor an end-of-season ride for the upcoming weekend. I took off early from work on Friday afternoon and made my east along the backroads of Alabama towards Marietta and Atlanta, GA. I was the pampered guest of Paul, aka Trialsman, and his wife Joy.

Saturday morning we awake to a crisp but clear 34 degrees. I’ll have to let Trialsman, or Steve S, or Backwoods fill in the details on how we got from Exit 20 on I-75 to destinations downstream.

Backwoods and Trialsman and the gas station at Highways 60 and 180, Suches, GA



Stopping for fuel



Four Wings at Woody’s Gap, Highway 60



Helmetdance, Backwoods, Trialsman, and SteveS


Later that evening we park the bikes and drive over to Toyo’s house to celebrate Christmas with our fellow Wingers.

Toyo, Trialsman, DDKing, SteveS, and Arn Butt Bill



Trialsman is not fond of cameras



Arn Butt Bill



SteveS



Krista, Toyo’s wife, cooks up a mean mess of BBQ ribs



The wives, Melissa, Joy, Krista, Lori, and Mirtes



Sunday morning Trialsman and I head up once more to Exit 20 on I-575 where we hook up with Toyo, Arn Butt Bill, and his wife Mirtes. One of the first stops of the morning is a Motorcycle campground along Highway 60. One of the other might provide more details on its name and location. A scenic waterfall across the highway catches my attention.

Scenic waterfall


The campground is haunted by the Ghost of Motorcycles Past







Arn Butt Bill, Helmetdance, Trialsman, and Toyo



We plan to head up to the Cherahala Skyway in North Carolina and Tennessee, but first stop along the way for some BBQ in Blairsville, Georgia.

Arn Butt hamming it up


Mirtes


Toyo


Trialsman. What’d I tell you ‘bout that camera boy?


A few shots along the Cherahala Skyway.

The kind of picture Trialsman doesn’t seem to mind




Arn Butt Bill two-up with Mirtes

















Finally, I turn my camera over to Arn Butt Bill who seems to take to my camera like a duck to water.







 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,496 Posts
Awesome pictures ...!!
very very neat ...

Dennis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
Wow, What afun day two days that was. We really enjoyed having yall all over for dinner. It does not get much better than that. Those pics are awesome, such clear optics. That waterfall was at TWO aka Two Wheels Only. Scumbags. However it is a nice place to stop and look around for the new people around here.
Again, Thanks for the pics and it was a pleasure meeting you. Hope to see you again soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Some day I hope to meet 'yall!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Wow, great pics! Thanks for posting.

It was really great riding with you guys. The pre-sunrise ride up to Canton (about 90 miles for me) was a little chilly but the stars were beautiful and it turned into a perfect riding day once the sun came up.

I hope we can do again soon.

BTW, I now have a CB so you guys can't talk behind my back anymore. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,179 Posts
Nice pics and story. Always like to hear about members that get together for good times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,793 Posts
Great pics and thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
Looks like a great time had by all!

Next year everyone is invited to Toyo's for dinner! LOL

Thought you would like that Steve.

Ride Safe you guys & Gals!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,425 Posts
Good times indeed. Great shots, Mark; I'm glad I didn't mess-up the pictures I took of you.
BTW, Trialsman's name is Paul, not Bill... :lol:
Helmetdance said:
I was the pampered guest of Bill, aka Trialsman, and his wife Joy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,528 Posts
It is really great when you can get together and have that much fun.

Great pictures.

Ross
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,304 Posts
Wow! That is awesome!! :bow:

That is what a I love about this board and my Goldwing, having friends no matter where you go!

Happy New Year!

BAT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Arn Butt Bill said:
Good times indeed. Great shots, Mark; I'm glad I didn't mess-up the pictures I took of you.
BTW, Trialsman's name is Paul, not Bill... :lol:
Helmetdance said:
I was the pampered guest of Bill, aka Trialsman, and his wife Joy.
Real nice job with the camera Bill. I fixed the typo. I knew Paul's name :oops: Actually, I don't think I've ever made that mistake in person when talking to him. It was more of a thing of trying to type this up quickly - honest!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Toyo said:
Wow, What afun day two days that was. We really enjoyed having yall all over for dinner. It does not get much better than that. Those pics are awesome, such clear optics. That waterfall was at TWO aka Two Wheels Only. Scumbags. However it is a nice place to stop and look around for the new people around here.
Again, Thanks for the pics and it was a pleasure meeting you. Hope to see you again soon.
Steve, it sure was a lot of fun. You and Krista put on a great party too! I had only met Bill, Mirtes, and Paul once before. This was the first time I met everyone else but it felt more like getting together with a group of friends that had known each other for a long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,425 Posts
Helmetdance said:
Arn Butt Bill said:
Good times indeed. Great shots, Mark; I'm glad I didn't mess-up the pictures I took of you.
BTW, Trialsman's name is Paul, not Bill... :lol:
Helmetdance said:
I was the pampered guest of Bill, aka Trialsman, and his wife Joy.
Real nice job with the camera Bill. I knew Paul's name :oops: Actually, I don't think I've ever made that mistake in person. More of a thing of trying to type this up quickly - honest!!
I know, I know... Besides, we're all getting older...
Can you make a cd of the shots and mail it to me/us? I'd like those action shots in full resolution; I want to make a dvd presentation of the year in review.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Arn Butt Bill said:
I know, I know... Besides, we're all getting older...
Can you make a cd of the shots and mail it to me/us? I'd like those action shots in full resolution; I want to make a dvd presentation of the year in review.
Bill,

Sure thing. Send me your address in a PM.

Thanks,
Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,367 Posts
Mark......it was a pleasure to meet and ride with you, and enjoy the good food and great hospitality at Toyo's house. Great pics also......just what I'd expect with camera's like yours. Was a little surprised how well Bill handled them though! :) Those things looked complicated!!

Hated to miss the Sunday ride, looked like another great one.
Thanks for the memories! Come back when you can.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top