GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had to buy any chrome for the bike in a long time but the last time I did I used Chris Chrome I don't know if he is in business anymore can't find his web site. Where is a good place to buy parts for a 2013 Goldwing.

Thanks
Sonney

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I haven't had to buy any chrome for the bike in a long time but the last time I did I used Chris Chrome I don't know if he is in business anymore can't find his web site. Where is a good place to buy parts for a 2013 Goldwing.

Thanks
Sonney
"HAD" to buy chrome? I just thought that was amusing. >:)

·
Vendor
17,830 Posts
"HAD" to buy chrome? I just thought that was amusing. >:)
OH ... you didn't know ??? Some use it to cover plastic cracks and bad scratches. If you ever buy a used Wing, and you go to remove or replace the chrome, sometimes one will discover why it is really there.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Cyclemax.com is another good site to shop.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
If it's a piece that Honda makes, I would recommend going with OEM. Its expensive but the quality is great. I have some Honda pieces on my Goldwing and VTX that is as much as 18 years old and still looks good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
If it's a piece that Honda makes, I would recommend going with OEM. Its expensive but the quality is great. I have some Honda pieces on my Goldwing and VTX that is as much as 18 years old and still looks good.

Agree. HONDA chromed plastic stuff is top notch (as far as plastic stuff goes).

·
Vendor
17,830 Posts

All my accessories are Hondaline. Like you, to me quality has lasting value. The only non-Hondaline accessories I have are ones does that Honda not make. For example a back rest, a cup holder, and a trailer hitch. My Wing now has a Garmin.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
YES! It's been that way for several years with Kuryakyn. Their stuff is real cheaply made.
TALKED WITH OWNER OF KURY COUPLE YEARS AGO - ISSUE WAS WATER FOR CLEANING BEFORE PLATING WAS "BAD" CHINESE WATER :surprise::serious: WAS SUPPOSED TO RESOLVE ISSUE IN FUTURE ???

Reactions: cycledude
1 - 14 of 14 Posts