GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone please tell me where I might find chrome headed screws and bolts such as those that hold the fairing and other parts on the bike?

Thanks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Good question. I polished mine on a buffing wheel to a "chrome look". Worked pretty good but does not last forever so I need to re-buffed this winter.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Not sure which bolts you are replacing but some are pretty specialized.
Just be careful you don't go replacing bolts that have specific shoulder depths with bolts that don't have the shoulders.
You could end up with a lot of cracked tupperware. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bolts

Yes, thank you. I have given that thought. That is why I am looking for a sort of specialty type place. I just want to switch out what is there with the same only chrome.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bolts

Because I put some chrome pieces on the bike and had to use the stock bolts and they don't look all that good with the chrome.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Not to worry Richard. Your condition is controllable. I imagine several active members have notified their Chromaholics Anonymous chapters and you will soon be receiving all the help you need. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Try at your closest truck stop. Most of them have assortments of chrome plastic bolt head covers that work real great.
Mel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts