GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at Directline's site and Big Bike frame covers are available. Look good, but doesn't seem to fully cover the frame. The Kuryakyn's seem to cover better. I have seen neither in person. Anyone have either and care to comment on fit and wear? Also, anyone out there do something else with the frame area besides chrome? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the KuryAkyn chrome frame panels. The fit is perfect and the coverage 100%. They go on in 5 minutes. A little pricey but what isn't.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i have the Kury frame covers, easy install three screws and some tape. The down side is theprice$$$.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the V&P 3 piece frame covers....thinking seriously about going to the Kurys

·
Registered
5,407 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
My Buddy in CA bought me a set of Kury's for my B'day. Excellent fit, and really minimal install. Just don't forget to remove that little weld cover up toward the top. A thin screw driver under the center of the top, and just wiggle it. comes right off as it is only pressure fitted with a small rubber keeper.

Bulldog

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had the V&P Accessories one piece chrome covers but went to the KuryAkyn covers after I got a big scratch in one of them. The V&P covers look good but the KuryAkyn ones cover better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts