GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to purchase the side frame covers for my wing and I want to know the one that fits and looks the best, Big Bike Parts or the one from Kury. :sw1: :flg:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
For me, it would be Big Bike, or nothing. Kury lost my business due to their "customer support", and I swore I'd never give them another penny. Just my NTBHO (never to be humble opinion), of course.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I too have been looking at the frame covers. I haven't seen the Big Bike Pats models in person but just from the pics I dont like them. I have seen the Kury in person and thought they looked good.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
I purchased the Kury covers and am quite pleased with them. I was even able to transfer my old Big Big swing arm covers that I had on the bike and put them on top of the Kury covers to add a litlle more 'spice' to the 'all chrome' look.

Just depends on what look you are going after. I'm not one to follow everyone else's looks as others already know......... :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have the Kury's, excellent fit and they include longer screws so that you can install your own pivot covers on top. Don't recommend the V & P, I've seen them, don't look as nice.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the KuryAykn covers and installed them just the way they are. No pivot cover on top of what is already chrome. Take off your gray pivot cover, use the same screws to install the one piece Kury cover. I didn't even use the two face tape at the upper end. Just tuck in under the tank and it holds in place. I had the V & P covers but took them off for the better look.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
I bought mine from V&P last year. I'm Happy with them. I didn't know anyone else made them yet :roll:
Pivot Covers are BBP. I like the rubber accents.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hey Quickdraw, is that a recent picture? If so, it sure looks like you're missing the center upper valve cover bolt, unless I'm looking at the picture wrong.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Where did you get cowl painted? What backrest and are you happy with both?
I had the front cowl and pipe guard painted by Scotty at Screwy Designs (the guy you read about that does helmets for racers around the planet), but any good body shop could do it. I had him put a layer of chipguard under the clearcoat for protection, but it really started to get scuffed before I got the FFE glued on. I love 'em. Honda should have sent the 1800s out of the factory finished that way IMHO.

The backrest is Utopia. AWESOME back saver! I can sit there for hours listening to a favorite CD, sipping coffee, and blasting the twisties.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts