GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timing train cover. Between the running lights. 12 bolts hold it on.
Right above the lower cowl. Bill

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I would buy mine from the Smith Brothers way before considering anyone else. They are very competitive and stand by their product. Outstanding guys and Wing riders.

Bulldog

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Smithwarenetworks of Euless, TX also sells on eBay. They think that it costs $20 to ship a pair of Rivco Illuminated Rider Controls.

What a rip-off. The most it should cost to ship an item like that is $5.

Obviously, I don't think much of vendors who charge ungodly shipping rates... in the hopes of making an extra $15 in profit from an unsuspecting buyer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2468819791

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I agree on the inflated shipping costs. Handling means putting it in a box with some packing. The USPS gives you the boxes free of charge, plus the labels and tape. Most of my small items that I sell on ebay are sent Priority Mail, and I charge the exact amount that it costs me.

There was an auction on ebay that I ran across one day; it was one of those fancy carpets, for one dollar. Shipping was $200. It didn't sell.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Bulldog said:
To each his own!
Hey, Smithwarenetworks.... go ahead and let Bulldog have it when you ship his next order... Apparently, he sees nothing wrong with such a policy. I respectfully disagree. To charge $20 for shipping a 1 pound package is a disgrace.

At this rate, the charge to ship a 5 pound package would be $100. :eek:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
GL02,

Even when I try to be nice to you or avoid you, you just don't get it. If you want to call me out on something, All I can say is come and get it!

Best thing for this board, is for you to avoid me, and me to avoid you. No sense in spreading our poison for one another in the public forum.

I for one have respect for the Smith's. They also happen to be respected members of this board.

I would say, that if you do not like their product or service, you avoid them.

Some things are better left unsaid, so I am stopping here.

Bulldog

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Bulldog said:
GL02,

Even when I try to be nice to you or avoid you, you just don't get it. If you want to call me out on something, All I can say is come and get it!

Best thing for this board, is for you to avoid me, and me to avoid you. No sense in spreading our poison for one another in the public forum.

I for one have respect for the Smith's. They also happen to be respected members of this board.

I would say, that if you do not like their product or service, you avoid them.

Some things are better left unsaid, so I am stopping here.

Bulldog
Bulldog:

Please stop trying to make this into some sort of a personal issue between us. What is gained in doing so? "Come and get it?" Oh, you must be kidding. "Spreading...poison"? There's no poison here. Don't taint things in such a way.

Earlier, I used the phrase "I respectfully disagree". That must have been overlooked, and is quite unfortunate.

I brought this issue to attention, and backed it up with proof. Apparently, we don't see this in the same way. And that's just how it goes.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Please stop trying to make this into some sort of a personal issue between us. What is gained in doing so? "Come and get it?" Oh, you must be kidding.
Nope, he's not kidding!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts