GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has tried chroming the front wheel on their Wing? How did it turn out? I've already chromed several parts, quite successfully, but not the front wheel. You could do the rear wheel too but it is hard to see anyway.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Duke, many here have done this. Both of my wheels are chromed

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thought about it

There are several on eBay for sale, big money. I thought about having mine chromed but the plating shop here in St. Louis would not touch it. They said they were concerned about the chrome chipping and flaking off. In asking 2 other shops I was told no one locally would do it so I decided just to polish what I could with mag wheel polish. That satisified me and saved me a bunch of money for other goodies.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Contact Paul Smith @

Paul Smith
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

He and his brother Rodney, have an outlet for chromed wheels. I bought a set (exchange) and am real happy with them.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I purchased an extra set of wheels and sent them to the website below. My original set of wheels will be for sale once I get the others back. Mine just arrived at the chrome shop yesterday, so it will be about another month before I see them.

http://www.classiccomponents.com/

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Chroming wheels

Blue Knight it looks good in the photo. Did you polish out the rough area between the spokes (can't see from photo) before you chromed them or was each wheel pretty much chromed as is?

·
Registered
131 Posts
chrome wheels

Chrome wheels are great. They are easy to clean too. Got these from Smithware..

kat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts