GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Starting to dress up my new to me 02 and I was wondering what people prefer for chrome. I see that kuryakyn and show chrome both have several similar pieces for the same coverings. Is one better quality than the other. Just curious if you could share your feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Are you thinking about parts that are chromed metal or plastic?
For metal parts, I have had better experience with Sho Chrome than Kuryakyn, that does not have a good reputation. However the area one lives in can make a difference due to humidity or closeness to the ocean.
Presently I have little chrome on my Grey-Black 2016.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I should have clarified. More plastic cover type parts
Thanks for your opinion as well

·
Vendor
17,785 Posts
Hi guys
Starting to dress up my new to me 02 and I was wondering what people prefer for chrome. I see that kuryakyn and show chrome both have several similar pieces for the same coverings. Is one better quality than the other. Just curious if you could share your feedback.

I'm not sure what is still supported, but your best chrome parts are the Hondaline ones. You will pay more for them, but their quality is far superior and the fit correctly.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think all originates in China. You may want to check aliexpress. Found they have a lot of goldwing items. Complete Tupperware unpainted around 1200. Lots of chrome.
Trunk Cargo racks, lights, headlights, LEDs etc.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I agree with Greg. Bought aftermarket Front Shield Kuryakin or show chrome.. Ended up buying Hondaline. Much higher quality chrome. Kuryakin arm rests chrome was pitted in no time. One broke after 3 years and you cant buy just one. I passed on buying new ones from them.
Think exact same ones available from China.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys
I googled hondaline and not a lot comes up besides exhaust tips.
The guy I bought the bike from had already put some chrome on it (not sure what brand he used)Side fairing chrome and rad grilles, air intake inserts, battery cover. I pulled the trigger this morning on a pair of chrome floorboard side covers by show chrome to try. I’d also like to get some side frame covers but I’ll see what quality these show chrome ones I ordered are like before I decide

1 - 9 of 9 Posts