GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Honda Genuine chrome worth $15 more than the Big Bike for the Scuff Guard?

Thanks,
Jimmy

·
Chard Member
12,995 Posts
Are you talking about the ones attached to the sidecovers? If you are the Hondaline just glues onto what is there. The BB replaces the gray that is there.

I've had the BB for less than a year and they have turned to garbage. Discolored in a big way. It's almost like the "air" has worn the chrome off! :(

I still have the BB on mine. If I remember I will check my receipt to see how old they are. If it is within the year warranty I might call across the state for help or call BB for support.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are the ones....

If the Honda just glues onto them, seem kind of expensive for that. From your post....Do you have the Honda now or are you going to????

·
Registered
276 Posts

Well according to what I see on Hal's site the Honda chrome saddlebag scuff covers are $111.95

The Bike Bike Parts scuff cover is $68.95

Also, if memory serves me correctly the Hondaline part is actually metal and the Bike Bike Parts scuff cover is ABS (plastic).

So if you're buying from Hal (and not considering the current coupon for 10% off of the honda accessories) that'd be more like a $43 dollar difference.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The Honda chrome Scuff Cover is steel. You use double face tape to install the cover. The center will still show the gray plastic (In the triangle / hole.) I ordered a set and didn't like the looks. Hal took them back..no questions.

Shooter indy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts