GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where this should go:shrug:,, So here go'es Has any one tryed the Chrome timing cover;; If so, how do you like it ?How old is it ? do you think it will last ? My cover need,s painting.But thought i would get the Chrom cover,, {Have A Good Ride} Harold

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I have the Kury version.. I like it.. Be careful to get the centerpiece torqued up properly... (Don't ask me why I tell you this.. just makes sure it's one there good... ) :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I do not like the double stick tape covers. Spend the money and get a real chrome one! Just my opinion!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I have had one with sticky tape on my 06 since new.
Never fell off and still looks like new.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
If you have a sticky double back tape chrome cover, be advised that you'll have a nightmare when you go to change/flush the clutch fluid. The chrome cover gets in the way of loosening the 2 bolt holding the charcoal filter up which is in front of the clutch fluid's relief valve.

I did a friend's and had to resort in removing the chrome cover all together to get at the bolts. Good luck!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was thinking of buying one as well. For the case of the cover having sticky tape could velcro be used as a good option to keep it secured in place. Plus this would give flexiblity for removing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts