GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree it went for big $$$ but to the guy who wants it all, it's worth it.
With my lower cowl being chrome, I was thinking of painting the timing cover gloss black or Pearl blue for a match.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Niehaus Cycles in Litchfield, IL. had a couple of these hanging on hooks on one of their accessory walls last weekend. No packaging, no price. May have been done locally. Those interested can follow the link to get a phone number or e-mail address:

http://www.niehauscycle.com

markie

·
Registered
276 Posts
If my memory serves me right, it finally sold for a fortune.
Gary, it wasn't a whole fortune but I believe it was around $365 and it didn’t even include a gasket, or the bolts and unless I am mistaken it did not include the 45mm plug in the center.

I did notice the one Bulldog referred to currently on EBay does have the plug but once again no bolts...

It really looks better with the chrome bolts.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I am still the High Bider, and only 8 days to go....LOL

I am sure I will loose interest soon.

Bulldog

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an appt. Friday to get mine done in Asheboro, NC at the Honda dealership. The timing cover is costing me $193.00 plus $53.00 to install. I decided to let the dealer do it because I have been told this part can be a b*tch to replace.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I fionally found the picture I was looking for earlier when I posted about the bolts...

Excuse the driving light getting in the way of all the chrome...

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pete,

I think that you did fine. If you like it, I Love it! Glad that you got it, even if you did beat me out of it. (no hard feelings...LOL).

I am sure that it looks super on your bike. As for the one up for sale right now, I am out of the running again. Geesh, it don't take much to make this coward run...LOL

I will bide my time, something will come up, when I least expect it.

Again Pete. You done good!

Dawg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts