GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has been using chrome wheels for 5 years or over and where did you purchase them? My brother is looking to get a set after this riding season. Ideally, he would trade his stock set of wheels in as part of the purchase.

Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I think handing in your old wheels for exchange is the normal practice. If they salt the roads where you live, the chrome might not be good for 5 years. The Goldwings I see in the UK with chrome wheels, suffer bad in the Winter when the salt goes down. Mind you, the stock uncoated wheels don't fare too well either.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Get some Bomb polish. It will make your wheels shine like chrome with a little work.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Who has been using chrome wheels for 5 years or over and where did you purchase them? My brother is looking to get a set after this riding season. Ideally, he would trade his stock set of wheels in as part of the purchase.

Thanks,
Keith
I had them put on my '06 when I picked up the bike in '06 from Shoeder's Ashville NC. Best thing I ever bought. Polish begining of the season and that's it. Wash up just like any other part of the bike, very easy.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I think that they are a high on thier price.but it has been 10 to 15 yrs since i chrome plated any thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts