GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you tried polishing the alunimum wheels with a Mequires polishing ball, and a good drill. I got a really great shine, although it took a lot of time and elbow grease.
Randy:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Buckskin!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Randy,

Were you able to polish the wheels while on the bike? After you got them looking good, did you put anything on them to keep them that way?

I worked on mine for at least an hour today, used steel wool, then Honda polish. They look lots better than before, but not as good as I'd like.

Have you tried polishing the alunimum wheels with a Mequires polishing ball, and a good drill. I got a really great shine, although it took a lot of time and elbow grease.
Randy:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Chrome Rims

I bought a set of chrome rims for my Wing in January, and I'm really glad I did !!! I used to keep the aluminum rims polished really well, but I didn't like the fact that you had to keep up with them or they would lose the shine. (and the spokes weren't the easiest things to clean after a long ride either !!!) The chrome rims shine more when they are dirty than the aluminum rim did after a fresh polishing job. They are super easy to clean too!!! If they get nasty looking, just one swipe with a soapy spunge, and they shine like new !!! I bought them off eBay, but I can't find the name of the company, and he doesn't have an auction going right now. They are out of California. The guy always starts the auctions low with a buy it now price of $650 plus shipping. (It's an exchange type program.) The exchange works out well because about three days after you pay for your rims, they can be on your bike. Then just put yours in the same box and send them back. The only info I could find from the auction I won was the owner's e-mail address. It is [email protected] His first name is Mike and he will get back to you right away via the computer or a phone call if you send your number. I bought mine for $450.00 plus $50 each way for shipping . Like I said ......money well spent. They will always look great, and it's super easy to to clean them. :thumbup:
You know what shines like chrome? CHROME !!!!!
Hope this helps,
Good luck

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Buckskin!
get ahold of Buckskin his #s are 832-646-8124 281-655-0181 He has good prices and has them in stock ready to ship. His come with new chrome metal valve stems installed. He is also a Dyna Bead dealer. Also new front wheel bearings come installed in his wheels.
Kurt:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts