GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the right Chromed Side Cover for my 2001. Blew off in a rain / wind / hail storm. Please contact me via email as I rarely log in. RussellSchierling at Yahoo.com.

Thanks a bunch,
Russ

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I don't have a side cover, but would like to tell you what I did to avoid mine from blowing off..

On the back side on the "AFT" end where the plastic pointy thing sticks out and goes into the rubber holder, I drilled a small hole in the base of the plastic and the inserted a small spring that is about 4 inches long. The other end of the spring is easily stretched and placed on the throttle cable "J" bolt/ adjuster.
NOTE: The spring is not very strong, but provides just enough "pull" to hold the side cover on. (see attached photo of light duty spring)

When I want to remove the side cover, I remove the aft end first, and carefully slip the front out and aft, then turn the side cover to where I can dis-connect the spring front he throttle cable.

I also have another small spring on the left side cover in the same drilled hole location on aft end, and the other end of spring is hooked to the alt..

Attachments

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have a set off of a 05 in good condition
I'd be interested in the right side if you are interested in splitting them up...

·
Registered
854 Posts
I would $45.shipping inc
Just wanted to make sure we are talking about the same piece. It looks like this:

83511-MCA-A60.jpg
If so, I will take it. Do you do Paypal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts