GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owner is changing the name of Citgo gas stations to "something express". Due to the fact that sales are bottoming out and he is loosing big bucks because many Americans refuse to buy citgo gas.

Anyone else heard this???

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Since I read what the president of Citgo said about Americans... I won't ever buy one penny worth of Citgo gas again... they can start drinking their gas as far as I am concerned...

cosmic

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
All 7-11 stores have been selling Citgo gas for years. Thay have cut thier ties with Citgo over what that moron said. I hope they do fall to the bottom.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I haven't give 'em a penny since Chavez spouted off.
To make matters worse Time magazine is considering the idiot for Man of The Year. :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

·
Registered
661 Posts
I don't buy Citco, but if no American bought Citco again it wouldn't hurt him all that much. While his country was still a laid back third world country, Exxon, Amoco (now BP/Amoco), Shell and many others went down there and built a big oil and gas infrastructure. Drilled wells, built large refineries and process plants. When the pecker head took over the government he told the Americans to get out and now he owns all of it. Our government still allows large tanker ship loads of oil and gasoline into this country. They are the second largest supplier to the US, so he laughs all the way to the bank knowing he can say anything he wants and we will continue to buy his product and make him richer. He also knows our congress will limit drilling in and around the US with makes him even richer.

If someone wants to get pissed, don't get pissed at Chavez. He's just doing what we allow him to do. Get pissed at the stupid ass lawyers we send to DC.

We got a stupid ass President who congratulates the ******* on re-election after he was calling the President a devil in front of the worthless UN. Go figure.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
SC Popatop said:
I haven't give 'em a penny since Chavez spouted off.
To make matters worse Time magazine is considering the idiot for Man of The Year. :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
If Time magazine nominates Chavez for man of the year.... I will cancell my subscription forever...

cosmic

·
Registered
53 Posts
Citgo changes name

Due to the really high price of fuel in the villages of Alaska, Citgo, tried to accommodate them with a "special deal"...After it hit the papers, most of villages refused them because of Chavez...

·
Registered
636 Posts
If you read the Snopes documentation you will find that 7-11 dropped Citgo gas because their contract expired and they plan to sell their own brand of gas, not for political reasons.

Also, you will find that the facts about Chavez and the Venezuelan government are in dispute by the press. Some consider him a dictator curtailing human rights while others claim him to be a duly elected democratic president with no human rights violations at all.

What this means is that you shouldn't believe everything you read in the media.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a cousin that works for 7-11 and after what he told me about what is in Citgo gas, I will not use it.

I

·
0 Posts
No Citgo gas in my cars or bike. I don't care how little it affects that little punk Chavez. He is a vicious dictator and no friend of ours.

Same goes for French products until they improve their attitude, and that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

I don't give my money to as....es.

Ride safe

·
Registered
142 Posts
Can't hardly find Citgo gas around San Antonio. I'm no fan of Hugo Chavez but I do know Citgo employs hundreds (maybe thousands) of Americans in cities like Houston. Many are good paying jobs in refineries and offices. I would hate to see a lot of people in the US lose their jobs over this.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
And you actually believe everything you read on Snoops? I read the article from the Wall Street Journal. I put a little more credence in there info than snoops.

W

·
0 Posts
Well fellows..........let me write my 2 cents here.

I see a lot of you won't buy Citgo gas, but if they were, and I say IF they sold their gas at 10 cent cheaper per gallon then any other station, would you drive by and go down the street and buy your gas?

Like some people wouldn't shop at Walmart for many reason's, UNLESS there's a sale on something they need, then bye bye to Walmart we go.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
The only time I would buy Citgo, is to use it to burn Chavez's house down :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Wi_Winger said:

I see a lot of you won't buy Citgo gas, but if they were, and I say IF they sold their gas at 10 cent cheaper per gallon then any other station, would you drive by and go down the street and buy your gas?

Like some people wouldn't shop at Walmart for many reason's, UNLESS there's a sale on something they need, then bye bye to Walmart we go.
As a Retired SMSgt from the USAF, I would not hesitate to drive past Citgo and buy my gas elsewhere. Our politicians (both parties) may not have a spine, but I do, and I'm not going to give that big mouth AHole 1 RED cent if I can avoid it.

Matt

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wi_Winger said:

YES!!! And the same is true if it was $1.00 less. I wouldn't waste my time on the property!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
We've all , at one time or another, been in a situation of riding on fumes. Many of us have, I know I have, so, would you ride by a Citgo or whatever is going to be named, and run out of gas? Would you push your heavy Wing to just prove a point?

I know I haven't bought Citgo brand gasoline in a long time, but if put into that circumstance, I think that I'll pull in for some gas. What do you think?

Ride safely, and don't run out of gas.

Mike

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
To clarify even further, I meant that if you were running on fumes, and the approaching Citgo gas station was the only game in town for miles to come, would you continue on?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts