GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in dire need of City Navigator North America Version 2009 (NON NT) disc. Can anyone burn me or sell me a copy? Garmin advises they will furnish me unlock codes if can secure a copy of this disc. Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
Starwing,
Garmin advises they will furnish me unlock codes if can secure a copy of this disc.
Unless Garmin has (very) recently relented and decided to start issuing Unlock Codes for CN NA 2009 again, that statement is 180 degrees from what Garmin Tech Support 800-800-1020 has repeatedly told my friends and me...! Were my friends trying to get "free" unlock codes -- no? They were ready and willing the $75 fee for an Unlock Code.

Garmin Tech Support personnel -- and when asked to "escalate" the call, their superiors -- have stood fast, stating that they cannot/will not produce a new Unlock Code for CN NA 2009...!

There are a gazillion users of Garmin routable non-NT devices. While I can't agree to abandon those users from receiving newer map updates, I do understand their reasoning. They have been ripped off so many times with "off-shore" unlocked mapsets that they have gone overboard on their recoil...!

Good luck with getting the maps and the unlock code...!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Garmin told me to secure a copy of the 2009 and they would furnish me the unlock codes. Was hoping to secure a copy from our board members and then will get back with Garmin. Thus far no luck from our members. HELP

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I have it if I can find it. I don't need it anymore as it's already on the bike and I have a brand new Garmin card sitting on my desk with the 2010 maps on it. Remember, the City Nafinator 2009 maps are actually dated 2008. But they are non-NT.

PM your address and I will mail it to you. I can look for it tonight after I get home from work. I am in the Washington, DC area so it may take a few days to get there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts