GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused. I purchased a SPIII in July and have been using it since then. I just ordered the City Nav 5 CD and have it.

The instructions say to go to the web site, I have, and enter my original unlock coupon number.

I did not get any coupon when I purchased the unit in July, just a Unit Serial #, Unlock Code (25 digits), and a Registration Code #. (in 9 languages)

I know I'm to purchase the code for $150.00 but where do I do that and what is the code thay are wanting to start with.

What am I missing here?
Thanks,
VA-Deano

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
VA-Deano said:
I'm confused. I purchased a SPIII in July and have been using it since then. I just ordered the City Nav 5 CD and have it.

The instructions say to go to the web site, I have, and enter my original unlock coupon number.

I did not get any coupon when I purchased the unit in July, just a Unit Serial #, Unlock Code (25 digits), and a Registration Code #. (in 9 languages)

I know I'm to purchase the code for $150.00 but where do I do that and what is the code thay are wanting to start with.

What am I missing here?
Thanks,
VA-Deano
Did you try entering the "Unlock Code (25 digits)" on the web site??

·
Registered
221 Posts
http://shop.garmin.com/cartography/maps ... efault.asp

If you purchased a StreetPilot 2610/2650, StreetPilot III Deluxe, NAVTALK GSM, iQue or a GPS V Deluxe model and would like to receive an unlock code for an updated CD, please enter your registration code as a Returning Customer.
You should have gotten a registration code with your SPIII Deluxe

If not call Garmin Tech Support Monday

Try that
:yw1:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Unlock

Go to the paper with the unlock codes on it. (This is the one that came with the older ver4 software for the SP111) The registration code is your number for entering into the system to identify your SP111, along with the original unlock codes. You might need your SP111 serial number and it might be helpful if you have the unit ID number. You can find this number by going into the system info and reading it. Fill out the information on the following site.

http://shop.garmin.com/cartography/maps ... efault.asp

I think you want to go to the returning customer section, since your unit is already on the system. Enter the registration number on your unlock sheet and your SP111 should be listed with Garmin. Then you give them a credit card number and you get the new codes for ver5.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that worked. It states enter the 8 digit coupon code,, I had only a 7 digit but it worked.

I guess I should not assume that they (Garmin) wanted an 8 when my 7 would do.

All is well.

VA-Deano

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As you see above I just installed the V5. I can tell you just from looking around at locations (addresses & points of interest) that there several new ones. Some streets that were not on V4 are on V5.

$150 is steep but considering this last full update was at least 4 yrs. ago so that is about $37.00 a year.

I just figured by then my maps would be about 8 yrs. old. Plus, my bike has got a cracked frame and is to be sent back to Marysville after the 1st. This will give me time to really learn all of the SPIII's & V5's features.

Just one guy's reasons.

Have a safe New Year.

VA-Deano

1 - 7 of 7 Posts