GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the City Navigator North America V8 for the 2610 is worth the update over my version 5 and 6. Is there a big diffence in the maps and screens or just an update. May just wait and sell the 2610 and purchase the new Zumo. Thanks! Crewsn

·
Registered
221 Posts
It depends on where you live as to how much has changed

Go here and you can actually see the detail that City Navigator V8 has and compare it with the versions you have.

http://snipurl.com/wn1p

·
Registered
762 Posts
Like LeRoy said, it depends on where you live. A lot of Canadian roads seem to have been updated, especially locally, so I got the update.

Arthur

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! LeRoy, I was able to use your link and zoom right in on my neighborhood and it is still not listed on this version after 10 years! May just sell this unit without updating and buy the new Zumo in October.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yesterday I downloaded v.8 and imediately noticed that the street I live on is not still correct (not that I don't know how to get home). Guess it's going to take a while to see if v. 8 is any better then the old version. If I had it to do over I probably would not buy it. Futher more I needed assistance and called Garmin and had to wait an hour to receive help. The lady I talked with was rude, maybe she thought I know more about computer then I do.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I recieved v.8 yesterday for my 2610 and SP3. I'm happy it has added a major road near me that was not on v.4 or 5. I was however disappointed with Garmin's tech line. It took me three calls over five days and 2+ hours to get my unlock codes. Twice they dropped my call after being on hold 30 minutes. I'd advise the first thing you do is give them your phone number and specifically ask them to phone you if call is dropped. They are great products but right now Garmin is a victim of their own success. In the end they made it up to me by giving me v.8 free for my dad's 2610.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts