GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to install in the trunk of my 2002 trike,Sierra said I could do this has anyone done it, if so any tips to make the job easier. Thanks

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Warren said:
Getting ready to install in the trunk of my 2002 trike,Sierra said I could do this has anyone done it, if so any tips to make the job easier. Thanks
Let's see... the guy with the Evil Elf... can't think of his name right now. Oh, yea... Socrates. (I thought I'd have to hit the 'submit' button in order to remember it :D)

He's one of the ones that tried to install an aftermarket CD changer in his saddlebag. Don't know if he every logs on the board anymore. Has anyone seen him around lately?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Haven't seen Soc around in a long, long time Bob.
If I remember right, he tried the aftermarket cd changer in the saddle bag and was less than happy with it. He wound up with the Hondaline cd changer in the truck and was really pleased with it.

Don't quote me though. That was a couple years ago, and my memory fell out with most of my hair. :roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Clarion 6 disc changer

I installed a clarion 6 disc changer last summer in the smae spot as the factory CD using and FM Modulator. the only thing i had to do to make it fit was to make new mounts (which wasn't too bad) Just take a piece of metal and bend them the opposite direction. It is a little snug but with Cd's I think that is a good thing. If you need some pics for a better idea let me know. Good Luck and Ride On!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Calrio CD changer

For RLWing, questions, what did you do with the wired controller and does your remote work. thanks for your help.

Warren

·
Registered
12 Posts
cd changer

I know this is a dumb question but Warren,you did look at the sony minidisc players also?Had so much success with mine,I never did install the cd changer.Food for thought....T

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CD Player

Tried the Clarion 6 CD player today without installing, had two problems, couldn't get the changer to switch CD's and the sound wasn't very good. Wrapped it up and sent it back. Will go the mini player route. Hey T where did you buy yours? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed the Clarion 6 in the side bag late last summer. Remote velcroed in the left pocket when not in use, velcroed to the GW emblem below the ignition when in use so my wive can use her remote too. Sounds great through the external speakers crusing 45 through the Sierras but a little lame through the helmet headsets at speed as one would expect. We lost significant space in the side bag, so added trunk rack and bag for trips. Having it to do all over again, I'd probably go with XM and avoid messing with CDs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts