GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to http://powersports.honda.com/the_story/press/
Honda Settlement is addional 2 year extended warrenty for the over heat problems with the GL 1800 bikes. This addional warrenty is for the engine. Like I said this is a must read if you own a Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing

·
Registered
231 Posts
This is very interesting. I have had the ECM recall done, including the volumn check and the weld check and, and, and.... :x
Now when my extended warrenty runs out in 09, I will get "limited" coverage on the engine until 2011. :D
Hope I can still ride by then.

·
Registered
561 Posts
At first glance it appears that Honda stood up to the plate, so to speak. Two years extended limited warranty for the engine, cooling and drive train is nothing to dismiss casually - even if Honda doesn't admit to any fault. With an extended warrenty, the bike is covered for almost a decade.

That, and they will replace the ECM regardless if requested.

·
Registered
615 Posts
This is whats called , stepping up to the plate. Very good news. Joy

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Drive train is excluded from the coverage.
That sounds reasonable. I have never seen a final drive go out because the engine got warm. Same applys to CB units.

I now have more warranty on the bike engine than I have on my internal organs. Hope I can outlive the bike....

G

·
0 Posts
{Plaintiffs allege that Honda knowingly sold Gold Wing GL-1800 motorcycles with a design defect }

frankly the settlement means nothing...most of us already have purchased the extended warranty, I bet not many of us even keep a bike long enuff for that extra 2 years to come into effect and 'limited warranty' leaves a very wide door open.
I would have preffered to have something else like $300 worth of extra "stuff" or free yearly tuneups, or something. Only ones who come out on this deal are the lawyers, and Honda got off easy in my eyes. The sushi and saki floweth.

:chatter:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
WooooHoooo, I have a 5 yr instead of a 3 yr now :D

·
Registered
561 Posts
William Taylor said:
Drive train is excluded from the coverage.
Ah, my bad. I read exclude as include.

G

·
0 Posts
Considering that the drivetrain isn't at issue here,
I'd say the extended engine warranty is appropriate to
the circumstances (but then, I've never expected something for nothing.)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I am with Javern. I already purchased the
extended warranty. Give me "stuff" instead.

·
Registered
88 Posts
For all of you that want "stuff", here's an easy solution. Opt out of the class action and sue them yourself. *SHEESH*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts