GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure a lot of you have attended or at least heard of Class. The school is ran by Reg Pridmore and his wife. Jason his son also has a school. I went for my 50th birthday which has been a couple of years ago. I attended the one at Barber Motorsports in Birmingham ALabama. The track is awesome, the price was reasonable and the instruction is great. Class is more of a street rider type instruction with a little competitive racing created by our hormones, that is greatly reduced at age 50. We were about 15 minutes in the classroom and 20 min on the track. The day starts around 7:00 and last until 5:00 so you are pretty tired by the end of day 1 and sore. At this one you bring your own bike and at the time I was on a BMW. There was a Goldwing there and he ran really well. The only time I could get close was in one of the 16 turns. I was on a twin and got passed a lot by someone running 150-mph plus dow a short straight that I could only get the BMW up to 105-MPH before going into a right hand sweeper. He also conducts a school in California that furnishes the bikes and extends to 3 or 4 days. It would be great for anyone wanting to hang it out a little and not worry about the gravel on the road a car on the wrong side...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
HOw about a linkk?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'll second the kudos for Pridmore's CLASS. I took the course in October at Barber on my FJR. It was great. Good people and good instructors. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've done 2 of these. The 1st was at Road Atlanta in 1998 on a Honda VFR. the 2nd time was at VIR on a 97 Moto Guzzi Sport 1100i (2005) It is great fun and you do learn a lot. I'm 64 years old and hope to do it again. Barber would be great.
Motodoc42

·
Registered
411 Posts
Me too

I'll triple anything good anyone has to say about Reg and his CLASS instruction. I did it a couple of years ago on a YZF600 at Road America, and I learned more about riding on that one day than I ever thought possible.

Up until that time, I thought I was a pretty hot rider, and even had over 10 years of competition experience (on 4 wheels) at that point. When Reg passed me on the outside in the Carousel, I started to feel really humbled. When I noticed he had a rider on the back, I just felt demoralized.

Great experience, and I would reccommend it to anyone. Even those who think they are pretty good already.

Cloud9

1 - 6 of 6 Posts