GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone beside this dummy sent your smart key through the wash yet? :frown2: Fortunate for me, after a few days sitting opened in a bag of rice, it still works.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nope. Keep mine on a lanyard latched to a belt loop. Impossible to miss it when getting my gear off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Nope! It’s always in my bike jacket! It never gets washed . . .

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Did they fail to make them water resistant? Every key fob I have had for every vehicle and alarm since the early days of remote entry have all been "washing machine" survivable with rubber seals and gaskets as long as you don't wear through the buttons or break off the "key ring" mount. Some actually were still sealed up with the key ring slot broken completely off. I am not saying that they be deep submersion capable, but it should be able to come out of the washing machine and keep the circuit board dry and functional without having to open it up and give it the decadent drying treatment (as in rice).

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yes. Three times mine has gone for the Whirlpool ride. Clean and functioning properly. When I don't leave it on the bike in the garage, I keep it my pocket in the pocket in the right front of my jeans. I hope I will not have to re train myself to check that pocket this coming riding season....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mine is on a lanyard. That said, more often than not it sits in the glovebox. It is safe and dry there, but leaves the bike vulnerable. On trips, it goes in a ziplock bag, and stays in my riding jacket.

·
Love The DCT
12,024 Posts
Yes. Three times mine has gone for the Whirlpool ride. Clean and functioning properly. When I don't leave it on the bike in the garage, I keep it my pocket in the pocket in the right front of my jeans. I hope I will not have to re train myself to check that pocket this coming riding season....:rolleyes:

Surviving the "Whirlpool ride" three times must be some kind of record for a fob.

:doorag:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yes. Three times mine has gone for the Whirlpool ride. Clean and functioning properly. When I don't leave it on the bike in the garage, I keep it my pocket in the pocket in the right front of my jeans. I hope I will not have to re train myself to check that pocket this coming riding season....

Surviving the "Whirlpool ride" three times must be some kind of record for a fob.

Perhaps. I am going to make every effort to ensure it doesn't happen a fourth time....?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts