GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just setup my KK from winter storage to check it and air it out. The light green canvas is in need of a cleaning as some black marks are on it from the support poles etc.

Question: What do you guys suggest to clean it with. Don't want to use anything that might be harmful. Thanks for the suggestions. Time to get it ready as I'm thinking about the TN lunch run next month.

Fred

·
Registered
386 Posts
ScotchGard makes some great products that have i used with great success. I know I last purchased the Weather sealant at Walmart, if they carry it, or more of the scotchgard line now I don't know. Great products!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
You could try some spray and wash on the bad spots and then use a phosphate free laundry detergent (like Ivory). Make sure you use a lot of water to rinse it. I did this many times when I had my KK. You will have to treat the canvas for waterproofing.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried the spray and wash and did not get rid of those black marks, which I think are caused by the rubbing of the aluminum poles on the canvas. Not a big deal as the canvas is in great shape. Just live with it.

I did buy some scotch gard weather sealant at Walmart and if it ever get above 60 and dry around here I will apply it.

Fred

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Tried the spray and wash and did not get rid of those black marks, which I think are caused by the rubbing of the aluminum poles on the canvas. Not a big deal as the canvas is in great shape. Just live with it.

I did buy some scotch gard weather sealant at Walmart and if it ever get above 60 and dry around here I will apply it.

Fred
Try an eraser :nojoke:
Lightly scrub them . Worked on my old camper , the one prior buying your mini mate.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try an eraser :nojoke:
Lightly scrub them . Worked on my old camper , the one prior buying your mini mate.
Hey Rail tried scrubbing with a scrub brush and spray and wash no luck. What am I missing?

Fred

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Hey Rail tried scrubbing with a scrub brush and spray and wash no luck. What am I missing?

Fred
The dudes at the canvas place down the road from me they use erasers on those annoying pole marks . I did this on my Kwik Kamp and it worked . The more I screwed with liquids the worse they got . They told me I was spreading it around and to try the jumbo eraser to scrub it off on a fresh spot , one I did not apply and liquids to. Sadly I only had 2 spots left untouched by me . Those 2 came right off with little effort really.
So if there not to set in already try it . Good luck .

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dudes at the canvas place down the road from me they use erasers on those annoying pole marks . I did this on my Kwik Kamp and it worked . The more I screwed with liquids the worse they got . They told me I was spreading it around and to try the jumbo eraser to scrub it off on a fresh spot , one I did not apply and liquids to. Sadly I only had 2 spots left untouched by me . Those 2 came right off with little effort really.
So if there not to set in already try it . Good luck .
I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip Rail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts