GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 37,000 miles on my '07 and will be changing the fork oil and putting Progressive Springs in. Is there any way to clean the inside of the fork tubes without separating the forks? Since I don't have any fork oil leak, I presume that I don't have to change the bushings and seals at this time. Thanks.

Ed

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
At 37K it's time for new upper/lower bushings.And cleanout the cratridge of dirty old fork oil.
Yeah it's a time consuming (2 1/2 hours),But you'll enjoy the new feeling that tighter fork bushing and new fork oil give.:thumbup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK...it didn't take much to convince me that I need to rebuild the forks; new springs (I'll use Progressive), new bushings/seals, and new oil. Now for my next questions:

1. I read a post somewhere in the forum that the left fork in bikes newer than '06 have three seals and not two. When I looked on HDL, I only see one oil seal and one dust seal for each fork. Can someone clarify this for me.

2. I do not have any front end wobble. Is there any need to change the steering bearings to the All Balls?

Thanks, Ed

·
Vendor
17,415 Posts
Just order a seal kit for the L and R. You will see the L comes with 3 seals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts