GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Tulsa windshield and wanted to find out what others use
for a cleaner and what type of cloth rag is used to keep from scratching it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Windshield Cleaner

I use Cycle Care formula 33 and an old tee-shirt. I use it on the entire bike except for the tires and wheels. Wipe in a straight up and down or side to side manner vs circles. I've been using it for about 3 years with no signs of scratching or clouding. SLIDE

·
Registered
317 Posts
Go to the Tulsa website and look at the instructions for cleaning. I have one on the 1800 and the Valkyrie Interstate. Still clean up like new using their instructions and the 210 of course.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I highly recommend you use Tulsa's cleaning method and recommended materials, they put a lot of work into finding the best method, and it works, even if you don't have a Tulsa windshield.

How to clean and protect your windshield

http://www.tulsaenterprises.com/hints.html

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Tulsa did a bunch of research on this. I use their methods and their 210, and at three years my stock windscreen has only two rock pits in the lower part (both of which gave me one heck of an adrenalin rush while being put there). No cloudiness, no swirl scratch marks.

Got my stuff from Tulsa, including the directions.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I've had my Tulsa windshield for two summers and it's still in pefect condition as I follow Tulsa's cleaning recommendations to the tee.
Carrying some damp terry towels with you in in a ziplock baggie (as well as some 210) works great when on the road.

I'm still amazed at the optical clarity of this windshield even after two riding seasons. :shock:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Allen showed me what to do !!!

Use lots of water & clean both sides. Then use just a little 210 & wipe it off. Too much 210 & it won't wipe right off. Take the can & spray once across the middle of the windshild, NO more. It works great. You bought the very best windshield you can get for your money !!!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Tulsa for Tulsa

Well, seems like everyone is properly advising you go to the Tulsa website and read Allen's instructions. They're definitely right!

I can tell you that I've had two Tulsa's and didn't treat the first right. I grew unhappy with it and eventually replaced it. When I did, Allen actually installed it for me at a rally and showed me how to clean it. On that day I realized just how bad of a job I was doing, not to mention an improper job. I find myself cleaning it less often now as it seems to stay cleaner and when I do clean it, I follow his instructions verbatim. He knows his stuff and you can't go wrong with him!

·
Registered
384 Posts
You should have received complete installation as well as Cleaning and Care Instructions with the windshield, if not and it is an 1800, you may have not received the Installation Kit, which is necessary, in our opinion, since Honda neglected to provide any type of gasket, other than vinyl tape.
If you did not receive this information and Installation Kit, please contact us, because it was provided to the dealer.
Everyone has pointed you in the right direction as to the best way, to care for it, and have provided the link to our web site. www.tulsaenterprises.com
Regards
Allen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts