GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has had a lot of use in the past, but I just wanted to add my latest experience.

I have an '05 1800 with a little over 20K miles. I wash the bike regularly, and wash the wheels when I do the rest of the bike. The wheels, particularly the rear, get pretty grungy, and washing really doesn't do a lot for them.

I tried BOM about seven or eight K miles ago, and it did a pretty good job, but I wasn't wowed.

This weekend I tried White Diamond Multi Metals Polish. I was wowed. It took me about an hour to do both wheels, with the bike on the center stand and me crawling around. I won't say they now look like chrome, but I will say they look better than they did when new.

I'm a convert!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
chrome em dude

Chrome em, i will have had my chrome wheels for 2 years in June.
Still look like new, cleans up in 5 minutes or less using honda polish.
Classic concepts in California did mine.

·
Registered
812 Posts
As an alternative, I have found that Goldwing wheels will take on a attractive matte powder coat look if they are not washed for a long enough period, and ridden constantly in all weather.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Skyhawk919 said:
This weekend I tried White Diamond Multi Metals Polish. I was wowed.
Where did you get it?

I found it online but just hate to pay more for s&h than the product costs.

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wheels

Following this thread really put my life in order. I have a white 06. I am going to black my wheels and lower plastic. Rustoleum rules. They also make a clear coat. Clean your wheels real good with soap and emery cloth.

·
Registered
812 Posts
white diamond

I usually see White Diamond polish/cleaner being sold at rally's and bike shows. I bought mine from a stand on a side street pff Beach in Daytona a few years back. One bottle is a double lifetime supply.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I get clean wheels everytime I get a new bike. Beyond that they are on their own. :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Have a look at Mr. B's wheels on his bike... word has it that the secret technique he uses is so secret NASA is going to have him do the next Space Shuttle. :bow:

But wait .
wait..
wait...
wait....
wait.....
NOW>>>>>there is hope for us mere mortals DaDaDa.. its Mr.B to the rescue
Why chrome your wheels? Send them to me with $165.00 and you'll get them back looking chrome, with very low maintenance. Did my 03 in 03, and put 75K on it, wiping them off once a week, and waxing them once a year, they held up great. Pics are of my 07.

:mrgreen: :22yikes:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Has anyone tried this product? They were at the International Motorcycle Show in Ft. Wort TX this November. They were polishing the bottoms of aluminum cans and other metal products. Should have bought some there to save the shipping. Haven't tried it but it looked like it would do a good job. Here's the web address

www.master-formula.com

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yep, that product is exactly the same as Speedy All Metals Polish, who by the way, sell it to the charming Boms Away, or Bom products company who in turn double the price, and give you about half the quantity under their label.

You can expect a pretty fair shine with them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
my vote is with the au naturale look

somehow my paint still looks good despite the weather ridden in - garage kept and half covered in the sun

but the wheels - fuggetaboutit

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wheels

Try Boeshield T-9. It was developed by Boeing for protecting "mothballed" aircraft from corrosion and rust. It's now used a lot in woodworking to protect machinery tops and tools. A good woodworking store or some home centers carry it.

I sprayed it on a rag and THEN applied it, after cleaning the wheels. You don't want it on the tires or rotors. You can put it on light and buff it out (still leaves a protective coat) or wipe it on heavy and let it dry.

I've got 2500K on my '06 (mid-October purchase) and the wheels are already pitting. I DO like clean, new looking bikes as well as well-maintained tools.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts