GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had for a very long time a small duster for the bike. I had the kind with the red shaggy things on it. :shock:

Anyway, it was stolen a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't got another one yet.

Yesterday the bike needed to be dusted off since it has been sitting for a few months, and the only thing I could think of was...

A Swiffer Duster!

I put a clean duster on the handle and used it on the bike and it seemed to work fine.

With it being thinner, I was able to get in between the trunk and saddlebags and around the passenger hand grips easier. It also fit between the lower saddlebag and the top of the mufflers. (cleaned them right up).

Has anyone else used one of those? I would hate to keep using it if it is going to scratch the bike.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes, I wonder if it will lead to scratch the paint also. I haven't used the swifter and don't think I will but I travel with an old feather duster and it works just fine as well as often leading to some interesting discussions with those who observe me dusting away!! Got to have a sense of humor for this stuff.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
I have used the Swiffer Duster for years now, it does work great for in between washes, some feather dusters will scratch your paint.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I rub my girl down gently with an anti-static laundry sheet once in a while, it reduces the dust collection that is so bad here in the high desert.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's a great idea. Is it paint safe? (Non scratch material) I also use a California duster that I kept over the years when I was big into car events with the 2001 SS camaro.
I rub my girl down gently with an anti-static laundry sheet once in a while, it reduces the dust collection that is so bad here in the high desert.

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
I have this picture in my head of a 250lb dude holding a feather duster with his pinky sticking out wearing pink fuzzy house slippers! lol Sorry.......

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Duster

I have a small California duster I keep on the bike and a larger one hanging in the barn I use before I leave. It works for me. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
994 Posts

All the discussion on alternative methods is wonderful, informative and thought provoking...BUT...! I'm wondering what kind of low-life, no-good, scum-sucking, alternative-life-style *&%#$*@! would STEAL a guys feather duster???? Is there no decency in the world anymore...? :joke:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
What is "cleaning"?

Firedog, I was wondering the same thing. :wrong:

Cheers

·
Registered
296 Posts
duster

I have had for a very long time a small duster for the bike. I had the kind with the red shaggy things on it. :shock:

Yesterday the bike needed to be dusted off since it has been sitting for a few months, and the only thing I could think of was...

A Swiffer Duster!

I put a clean duster on the handle and used it on the bike and it seemed to work fine.

With it being thinner, I was able to get in between the trunk and saddlebags and around the passenger hand grips easier. It also fit between the lower saddlebag and the top of the mufflers. (cleaned them right up).

Has anyone else used one of those? I would hate to keep using it if it is going to scratch the bike.
Well I have to admit I just started using one for the bike. My bike is pearl black and I hate to see scratches in the paint.

·
Registered
324 Posts
What do you use on your bike?:joke:

Beagle

·
Registered
502 Posts
I use the California duster but I spray it with the Lucas spay wax so it won't scratch because of being dry and it works great.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
California duster for me. :thumbup: Tom :trike:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have this picture in my head of a 250lb dude holding a feather duster with his pinky sticking out wearing pink fuzzy house slippers! lol Sorry.......

Sent from iPhone

MY EYES! :22yikes:

Quick, help me find the delete button!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've carried a feather duster in my trunk for years. Works great for light stuff and never scratches. My driveway is 3/4 of a mile of gravel so I know dust. Usually when I get home, I hit the bike with a few quick shots from an air hose.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts