GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Looks very nice with the clear lenses.
I especially like the way the ones look on the tour box and look balanced with the clear turn signal lenses below. That's the way the back of the bike should look from the factory.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I just had clear lenses installed on my Red 2012 Gold Wing. I think it all ties in better now, and shows up a lot better!!!
Nice addition, I look forward to seeing those that inhance the 12!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
REALLY! I had the clear lense installed on my '09 and was a bit disappointed that the amber bulb made them look yellow tinted anyway!
Where can I get the bulbs?
:shrug:
Shops that carry custom auto parts will carry either chrome tip bulbs or fully chrome bulbs for use in clear lenses.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Guy that does all my part installation is Troy Simpson, he owns Chrome Crazy in Park City, KY. Their number is 270-749-4300 Give them a call and he will fix you up. He is mostly a Gold Wing accessories dealer and mostly just works on Gold Wings!:thumbup:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sorry, in my opinion a complete waste of money.

But thats what motorcycles are all about.

Nice ride! Enjoy and be safe :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,464 Posts

I like it better. Flows better to me:thumbup:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Looks much better than stock. :thumbup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Looks great! I, too, think it makes the back end look much better.

I have the clear turn signal lenses on my '05 and added the chrome bulbs - would recommend that addition to really finish off the look!

Congrats on a great looking bike - ride safe and enjoy!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts