GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate any feedback on this windshield.. I was wondering if it
is coated to help prevent scratches from occuring.. also is it screened like the OEM at the bottom... fit is also important.. someone said it comes with a vent like Honda uses...

Thanks for any info on this !

cosmic

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
The Clearview shield does come with the same vent that Honda uses on their GL1800 shields. This is a recent change. It does not close completely, but it has a nice range of settings for the amount of air it does allow through when open. Some air is a good thing. Helps to prevent turbulance and backpressure.

I had a Clearview shield on my last Honda, and used it for over four years. I never had a problem with scratching... common sense goes a long way in preventing scratches. Use cotton towels and a proper cleaner (I like Plexus). No paper towels, no Windex, and no cleaning it with the dirty squeege at the gas station.

It fits and works like the stock shield, and retains the ability to be raised and lowered. I don't know about the screening at the bottom, that doesn't matter to me.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Javern said:
mrgl02 said:
......... and no cleaning it with the dirty squeege at the gas station....

OOPS ! :roll:
I've been on group rides and have seen this happen. (*cringe*)

I carry a small sized can of Plexus and a couple clean cotton detailing towels for cleaning the shield. Also comes in handy for cleaning helmet visors and sunglasses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts