GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my new plus 4 clearview with the factory installed vent yesterday. its installed and been tested this afternoon.

the vent works just fine, closes and stays closed 100%. it fit just nice, still uses the stock height adjustment. i would say i am very pleased with the item.

loren

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Yep... Time to get mine on order.

Thanks for reporting in, Loren.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Thanks Loren, I've been considering the Clearview because it retains the height adjustmetnt feature. Is this windscreen acrylic, lexan or other material. I believe one of those materials is considered dangerous to have for a windscreen material due to its tendency to shatter into sharp shards that could impale someone in an accident were as lexan I believe is very shatter resistant. If you have a web site for Clearview could you post it and I'll look into this for myself.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clearviewshields.com

a very decent company to work with. i give them hign praise for service and product.

loren

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
GL1800GSXR1000 said:
Thanks Loren, I've been considering the Clearview because it retains the height adjustmetnt feature. Is this windscreen acrylic, lexan or other material. I believe one of those materials is considered dangerous to have for a windscreen material due to its tendency to shatter into sharp shards that could impale someone in an accident were as lexan I believe is very shatter resistant. If you have a web site for Clearview could you post it and I'll look into this for myself.
Here's the info that Clearview sent me.

Clearview Shields now manufactures stock and oversized replacements for the Honda GL1800. All screens are constructed of .177" thick High Impact strength plastic. Contoured to match the stock screen with all stock adjustments intact. Stock height as well as shorter than stock options are among your choices of heights. We also have developed a Grand Tour model which is 3.5" taller than stock and 1.5" wider on each side. Any replacement is available in clear or light gray tint, and can be modified to your exact dimensional needs, within reason.

HON-G800 Honda GL1800 Stock $132.20
HON-G802 Honda GL1800 Grand Tour +2" Tall +1.5" wider each side $132.20
HON-G804 Honda GL1800 Grand Tour +4" Tall +1.5" wider each side $149.14
HON-G80S Honda GL1800 Short -1.5" height +1.5" each side $127.45

Prices include shipping within the 48 contiguous United States.

For a picture of one on a GL1800, look here:

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0803 ... arview.jpg

I won't show it to save bandwidth. The picture shows a HON-G804 / Honda GL1800 Grand Tour +4" Tall +1.5" wider each side.

G

·
0 Posts
mrgl02 said:
GL1800GSXR1000 said:
Here's the info that Clearview sent me.

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0803 ... arview.jpg

I won't show it to save bandwidth. The picture shows a HON-G804 / Honda GL1800 Grand Tour +4" Tall +1.5" wider each side.

mmmmmm nice...me wan one oh obie won :money1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts