GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered a clearview plus 4 with the closeable vent installed. its about 1.5 inches wider on each side and 4 inches taller than a stock shield. clearview also retains the use of the adjusters for height.

price was $ 196 with vent installed.

i have had clearviews on my last two bikes, st1100 and a pacific coast.

there is not a mention of the vent option on the clearview web site, i had someone email that as an option. i called and got the usual good help from clearview.the vent has a three position lock, closed, open, half open.

ok now for the hard part, putting bike back together with the new shield. do i really need rear view mirrors back on???

loren

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Clearview is hard to beat. I have always been impressed with their optics.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I can not agree with Gary or default him on his post. Reason being, when I hitch hiked all the way from NY to his house in California, he would not let me near his beloved Goldwing. I only got to play with his Beloved ST...

Man was that a fun trip.

Kisses Gary & Mikey.

Bulldog

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I looked clearview up on the net.

Their web site is more out of date than I am. ;)

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
I looked clearview up on the net.

Their web site is more out of date than I am. ;)
Unfortunately, that is true. They are a small company, and probably cannot devote more time to their website.

The windshield height adjusters are still functional with this one. (One well-known brand of shield doesn't work with the adjusters...)

Clearview is one option. I had a Clearview on a previous Honda, and was pleased with it. Here's what they sent me when I inquired.

www.clearviewshields.com

HON-G804 / Honda GL1800 Grand Tour +4" Tall +1.5" wider each side

Clearview Shields now manufactures stock and oversized replacements for the Honda GL1800. All screens are constructed of .177" thick High Impact strength plastic. Contoured to match the stock screen with all stock adjustments intact. Stock height as well as shorter than stock options are among your choices of heights. We also have developed a Grand Tour model which is 3.5" taller than stock and 1.5" wider on each side. Any replacement is available in clear or light gray tint, and can be modified to your exact dimensional needs, within reason.

HON-G800 Honda GL1800 Stock $132.20
HON-G802 Honda GL1800 Grand Tour +2" Tall +1.5" wider each side $132.20
HON-G804 Honda GL1800 Grand Tour +4" Tall +1.5" wider each side $149.14
HON-G80S Honda GL1800 Short -1.5" height +1.5" each side $127.45

Prices include shipping within the 48 contiguous United States

·
Registered
641 Posts
Have been using one since the prototype was done as I am a dealer for Clearview. Nice shield, nice quality. Not as well known around the GL1800 scene, but ST Riders, Concours Riders and PC800 Riders swear by them. Give me a holler if I can be of assistance.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
closeable vent

RE: Vent; are we talking the OEM type vent?

Do you move the OE vent to the clearview or the clear view has it's own vent they manufacture?

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
clearview vent

its very similar to the stock 2004 vent. clearview for the $ 196 installs the vent in the shield at the factory. its ready to bolt on useing all stock fittings.

and yes the height adjusters do work with the clearview

and yes the vent is fully closeable

loren

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Thanks for the info. I like the Cee Bailey winder, cept for the vent style.

I really like the vent on my 04's winder for the heat we see here in AZ.

I need to contact Clearview.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
My buddy bought the '04 Honda shield with the vent a few weeks ago... and he's still waiting to receive all of the parts. Plus, it cost more than something like the Clearview with a vent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts