GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 1800 with only 6,000 miles on it, I noticed that by the left head I can hear a clicking noise at idle, sounds like spark jump. Is this normal or is there something I should be looking for??

·
Registered
67 Posts
My '01 has 76k miles does the same thing and has since day one. I think most do. Have been told that it has to do with the fuel infectors opening and closing. All injected engines have the same sound to some degree but you can here it better on the 1800 cause its so quiet and you're close to the sound. Hope that makes you feel better.
Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a first time posting for me. I just purchased a 2003 Goldwing two months ago and have the same clicking noise at idle. Thanks for the info, now I won't have to go to the dealer and complain. I have been riding for 40 years and this is my first Goldwing, "What a great machine!!!!" I wish I could ride it now but it's raining and cold here in Michigan. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clicking noise

Thanks for byour help. I do feel better now, :lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
"All injected engines have the same sound to some degree but you can here it better on the 1800 cause its so quiet and you're close to the sound. Hope that makes you feel better. "

Ah.....so THAT'S what that is. I've just been turning up the radio.....

:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts