GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this a while back about when i turn my key off then back on my clock goes back to 1:00 and the trip odometer is reset to 0. The responses were all about the battery. I pulled the battery today and took it in to have it load tested, tested good so thats not the problem. It doesn't do it every time but enough to be a pain. Any other suggestions on what could cause this.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If the battery is as old as the bike, then I think the "test" results are not giving you the information you really need. An 8 year old battery is running on fumes.

I've had car and truck batteries that tested ok, but caused a lot of similar symptoms. New batteries solved the problems.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Possibly a bad ignition switch?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked Fuse 22 and it's good, not sure where the plugs are at that lead up to the dash but i am think of checking them, does anyone know if you can access them thru the left fairing pocket.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i found the problem with this, the blue plug that goes on the back of the combination meter is not making good contact all the time, i have 24 volts there on the yellow and red wire that comes from fuse 22 but if you move it around while your taking a reading it will make and break, not sure if i can get one of the plugs and replace it or not. it's the female for a 20 pin connector, if that's not it then there is something wrong internal. :confused:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I think i found the problem with this, the blue plug that goes on the back of the combination meter is not making good contact all the time, i have 24 volts there on the yellow and red wire that comes from fuse 22 but if you move it around while your taking a reading it will make and break, not sure if i can get one of the plugs and replace it or not. it's the female for a 20 pin connector, if that's not it then there is something wrong internal. :confused:
24 volts....that sounds wrong.:shrug: How can you have 24 volts....unless your voltage regulator isn't operating properly.

Mark

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts