GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did something today that I've never been able to do. I lost my footing at an intersection an my bike tipped. Went about 3/4s of the way to the left engine guard before I caught it. the really surprising thing is that generally when it has gone that far I usually can't stop it from going all the way. Well I did and I have a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder. Pulled it back up and off I went. Must have been holding my mouth right. :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
You didn't tear your rotator cuff doing that did you?

I haven't joined the OBAST club yet - I only got it past the balance point 1 time in 42000 miles and next time I won't try to keep it off the gaurds.

I got away with not hurting myself that time.

I've heard too many stories on this board about injuries trying to keep it upright.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Being a big guy probably helped. I know if mine goes over that far I'm not going to even try to keep it up... I'll just let it go over and pick it up afterwards. Good job Wayne and I'm glad you didn't get hurt (I took it that you already had the torn cuff and that it didn't happen in this incident).

Rob R

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I have dropped mine many times, I just let it go, not worth holding it up. It only falls to the crash bars and no marks to be seen. Must be the reason they are called crash bars LOL

JMHO 8)

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I already had the cuff tear that's why I was surprised I could hold it. No further injury thankfully.

W

·
0 Posts
Come-on you guys, even a old mule has to lay down sometimes. LOL

I just make sure my toes arn't anywhere near those crash bars when that 900lbs. desides to tip right or left.

For those that never had yours tip at slow speeds, when she wants to lay down, just leave
her go. Those bars are neatly designed to do their job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts