GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your view on a cloth velour seat verses the vinyl seat? What are the pro's and con's of each? My wife ordered me a Diamond for Christmas today they called wanting to know what cover I want. What is your opinion on color combinations? I have a dark cherry 05 GL1800. The inserts can be several colors. Just looking for ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
For what its worth, we have a Hartco cloth seat and love it. Not hot in the summer or cold in the winter but I do put rain covers on when it looks like a real heavy rain. Nice Christmas present.

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
I have the velour Diamond seat. I love it, cool in summer, warm in winter. If you ride in the rain much though it's not worth it. My wife and I got caught riding all day in a down pour once. We spent the next week sitting on trash bags spread over a soggy seat. Takes them forever to dry.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
On the exterior of my house, installed Vinyl. Everyone says that Vinyl is final.

I am sure cloth might be a bit cooler, and not have "Hot Spots". However when that stinker gets stained or wet, ya got to deal with it.

I am going for Pleather!
Bulldog

·
Registered
353 Posts
VINYL if you got to have cloth put a cloth pillow on it . if gets wet you can take the pillow off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts