GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replace my brake pads all around, bled and replenished both reservoirs without problems. I was on a roll, so I decided to flush and replenish the clutch reservoir but darned if I could find a bleed valve. Is this something a weekend mechanic with average skills can tackle? I am all for routine maintainance but I am not sure how to proceed. :shrug:
TIA
Jim

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
The bleed valve is up by the antifreeze drain. I had to take off the evap canister to get a wrench on it. It's a simple task.

·
Registered
645 Posts
It's kinda hard to get to. Yes, this is something a weekend Mechanic can do pretty easily. If you have Freds DVD's he show's you how to do it. If not - then basically --

1) Remove the charcoal canister from its mounting bracket - it's located bottom of the engine up front.
2) The bleeder is located up above where the canister was - you'll prolly need a flashlight to see it - it'll have a rubber cap on it.
3) attach your mighty vac (if your using one), or your drain hose.
4) Proceed with normal bleed process -- (open bleed valve, squeeze and hold clutch handle, close valve, release handle).
5) Continue process to fresh fluid flows...
6) reattach canister (think the 2 bolts that hold it on are 10mm).

Oh Yeah, it goes without saying that you need to watch the resivore fluid level -- ya don't want to be sucking air into the system

Cheers!

http://www.jiimnlyn.com

·
Registered
91 Posts
Its behind the canister beside the oil filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts