GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flushed my clutch fluid for the first time today and made a real boneheaded mistake resulting in a system full of air :oops: ....I seam to have flushed all the air out using the old fashioned "open the bleed valve 1/4 turn, squeeze and hold clutch lever, close bleed" method repeated many, many times....Can't see any air bubbles coming out now.

My concern is, unlike the brakes, with the clutch, you can't tell by feeling resistence on the lever if all the air is really out. :?

Any and all comments and especially, advice, welcomed....

TIA

Greyhound

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've done the same thing myself. It should be ok as you no longer have any air comming out but if you want to feel better about it, tie the clutch handle down overnight and any air that may be in there will come to the top.

:yw1:

·
Whiny Member
460 Posts
Greyhound,

Go down to your local auto parts store and pickup a brake bleeder kit with the hand operated vacuum pump and reservoir. They can be had for a good price. Following the directions with the pump you can bleed all of your hydraulic systems clear of all air. Comes in handy when you want to change the entire fluid system too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts