GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 had done this twice now, after I start the bike and let it run for about a minute or so, I pull in the clutch and put it in gear and the bike starts going before I can release the clutch handle! After I pump the clutch handle a few times and it gets warmer everything is fine. Any suggestions on what may cause this? I have my clutch handle set at number one. I also put this on the new 2012 board and the Tech board! I hope to get someone who might know what to do about this!!!

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Just wondering if you have aftermarket grips with a improperly adjusted clutch and that maybe the lever is not engaging all the way. In other words did it work fine until you added grips and adjusted the level?

Or could have air in the line

·
Registered
587 Posts
Air leak in the line? Take it to the dealer as I suspect you're getting a big clunk when shifting and that's abusive.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Are you pulling the clutch all the way in against the grip?

Try adjusting the clutch pull. It is a round, flat, recessed knob on top of the clutch handle housing.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The Honda setup manual recommends setting the clutch lever to 2.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to you all for the information!!! I will try the simple stuff first to see if that will fix the problem. If not I will be heading down to Chattanooga, TN for warranty repair!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Aftermarket things

Did you have this problem before swapping to the aftermarket levers and grips? If not, therein might lay your problem (and answer). Also, the dealer may not want to work on it (or warranty it) with the non-OEM parts installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts